12.08.2010

I will not leave you as Orphans.


So here goes nothing. I say that because I am really nervous about posting this but at the same time feel a peace because I know that I am suppose to. I know that God is working in my heart and breaking down my walls and allowing me to see that it is ok to ask for help, something that is a constant struggle for me.

As many of you may already know, Andy and I are in the process of adopting. We are also getting licensed to foster, which we are almost done with and are trying to get our home study scheduled before the Christmas holiday.

So this is where my walls come down and I ask you for help. Andy and I will be hosting a garage sale to raise money for the cost of the adoption, if that happens through foster care, it will pay for our home study, lawyers costs, inspections, etc., and if it happens through private adoption it will go to the large amount that they ask you to pay in fees.

Here is how you can help!

ONE. GIVE.

We need the donations of items for our garage sale. Clothes, baby stuff, home stuff, furniture, homemade goods…anything!!!! So as you are cleaning or making room for your Christmas gifts, please don’t throw anything away. Give.it.to.us.to.sell! We have some stuff of our own that will be in the sale but not a ton. If you have anything you no longer need and are willing to give away for a great cause, just email me and I will schedule a time to come and pick it up.

TWO.COME.

Come to the garage Sale and buy your own treasures! (We will let everyone know the dates as soon as we know but it will definitely be after the holidays) Since winter is approaching, I am sure we will serve some warm snuggly drink to try to lure you in. Even if you choose to donate, still come. Somebody’s trash is another’s treasure!

THREE.TALK.

Please spread the word through email, facebook, tweeter, word of mouth and blogs about donating and the sale itself! We can use all the help that we can get.

We are so excited and feel blessed with this journey that God is taking us on and are excited to learn along the way. God is already breaking down my walls and is humbling me, so that is fruit already being bared from this journey and for that I am thankful!

Here is my contact info if you are interested in giving: blackwoodc@sbcglobal.net

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates