1.24.2010

14 yrs.

14 years ago my dad won his battle with brain cancer.
His victory being that he was able to spend the rest of his life in heaven with his Jesus. The reason that I use the word "won" because I believe he did not
lose anything, he gained eternal life in heaven.
What's to lose in that?
14 years ago I was in 8th grade, my sister Whitney was in 6th and Tay was in 3rd- life was different then, my dad had fought this battle for 5 long years, we were at my grandparents house listening to Michael English's "In Christ alone" as my dad "slept", it was a sweet time, a sad time-yes, but it sure was sweet. I remember going eat pancakes after, I remember them being the best pancakes I had ever eaten. I know a weird thought to remember but they were oh so good. My dad was a godly man, he sure did love Christ and he showed it. He was such a man of integrity and a great dad. Cancer was hard, it played a tough match but it didn't win. Christ won. So I say all this to say that I am proud of my dad, proud of how hard he fought to be with our family but in the end I believe he achieved VICTORY IN JESUS.
My Dad's Family about a year ago

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Corey, this was beautiful. I know your dad is super proud of the woman, the wife, the mother, and the daughter you are.

Anonymous said...

Great post Cor, I know your dad must be so proud of you!! Love you girl!

Caroline said...

sitting in class with tears everywhere. This was beautiful and so beautifully written. I praise the Lord for all He has done in your life and I praise Him for the precious time you did have with your daddy!

Jessica and Eric said...

My family still talks to this day about what a great man your Dad was! I know he has such a special place in each of your hearts! And I know he is so proud of your mom and all 3 of you girls!

Rach said...

This made me cry! What a positive outlook on what most would consider a tragedy. I am so glad you will see him again in heaven. I can't even imagine! Love you Corey!

efguess said...

I remember that funeral very well. The flowers, the words spoken by your father's family. It was a beautiful memorial to him!

Amy said...

Thanks for posting this Corey! Thank you for the encouragement it is to me!

JPO said...

This made me cry. You are an awesome lady. So you must of had an aweseome dad.

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates