5.24.2012

First come Love, then comes marriage.....

Then comes the Baby in the baby carriage.... Yep. That right, we are having another baby.

 We are excited. We are nerveous. This was unexpected. We are suppose to be adopting from Ethiopia. What in the world is going on. This isn't what we planned. What, we are having another baby.

These are all things that went through my brain in a matter of seconds when that little stick said, "Pregnant".

We are Excited....
we are beyond excited. Just the thought of another little Whittaker sends chills down my spine. Whether the baby be like Whitt or not ( i mean I know it will be its own person and everything but...) just makes me all kind of excited. I was looking through Whitt's baby pictures the other night and just felt blessed on how I get to do this all over again.... Just blessed.

We are Nerveous.....
With all the stuff that when down with Whitt, the second I read "pregnant", the fear started to creep in. "What if I have preeclampsia again"? "What if I have this baby before 29 weeks"? "What if I have a stroke like I was so close to having last time"? The what-if's are endless.... But hey, God is good and He has this. This doesnt mean the fear doesnt creep in from time to time but I have an amazing group of prayer warriors that are fighting in this battle on our behalf. So yes, I am nerveous but the fact that God is good trumps that fear.

This was unexpected....
Yes it was, to us anyway!

We are suppose to be adopting from Ethiopia.....
Yes, and we still are.... it will just be pushed back a little. We cannot legally through our agency, get a referal until Baby #2 is 6 months old. God hasn't ended this journey for us, so we are trucking along, we are just taking a little detour.

This isnt what we planned.....
This was something that took my mind a little while to wrap around. I am a planner. I like a schedule. Remember we were adopting. That was the plan. But our sweet Jesus had his own plan and I know it will be sweet. So I am choosing to embrace it full on.


So There it is. We are expecting BABY #2, come December 25th.....  We are excited. We are nerveous. This was unexpected. We are suppose to be adopting from Ethiopia. What in the world is going on. This isn't what we planned. What, we are having another baby.

All of the above it true and fun (minus the daily puking, thank you first trimester) and has turned our little world upside down for the good of course.

So friends, pray with us on this new journey we are on.... That I will be healthy, that baby will be healthy. God is good. Whew.....
Baby #2 Coming December 25, 2012

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So incredibly happy yall are having another baby! Praying for another healthy baby!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! You are such a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!!! Great news!
~Lori

FitzandMolly said...

yea!!!

Janae Gibson said...

haha---Jae Beth was born on Christmas--she was due December 27th--but decided to make her arrival on a very special day. I will be praying for your health--stroke/prec/premature baby---all of those things can consume a pregnant mother's mind---so don't let them. Life is short--and this is a time that you should be excited--just enjoy it--no matter what.

Janae Gibson said...

WOW! I'm sure you are in shock! How exciting though!! I'll be praying for your health---with all the issues you faced last go around --I'm sure "worry" comes very easily. But don't--life is too short --enjoy these next few months. Jae Beth was due December 27th---and she made her debut on Christmas day---it's always so much fun to share a birthday on the same day the world Celebrates the BEST birthday in the world--plus it will humble her one day :)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates